19-23 February 2018, Wanaka, New Zealand
- ◆ To submit your registration please complete the registration form online. This includes fee payment via credit card (preferred), or invoice.
- ◆ You should receive confirmation of your registration within 24 hours. Your participation is not confirmed until your conference fee has been received.
- ◆ The registration fee includes the cost of morning/afternoon tea and lunch for 20-23 February, and the conference banquet on the evening of 22 February.
Abstract submission (closed)
- ◆ The call for hot-topic talk submissions has now closed.
- ◆ Poster abstracts will be accepted until 26 January 2018. To submit a poster or talk abstract please complete the abstract form online.
Accommodation and Travel
- ◆ To allow for peak-season demand, we have reserved several options, checking in on the 19th, checking out on the 23rd February. Please contact the vendor directly, either via phone or email, using the booking codes and contact information listed on our accommodation page.
- ◆ Please note that Wanaka is heavily booked just prior to the conference due to the Chinese New Year (16th Feb) and Wanaka Challenge (17th, 18th Feb).
- ◆ There are still a small number of possibilities for accommodation prior to FINESS, and we encourage you to make these arrangements as soon as possible, and also to consider Queenstown for this purpose. After FINESS, there is no shortage of accommodation in Wanaka.
- ◆ Link to Wanaka: see our travel page.
- ◆ If you would like to visit the Physics Department at the University of Otago as part of your travel around FINESS, please contact the conference organisers to signal your interest so that we can assist you with organising accommodation in Dunedin and transport to/from Wanaka as necessary. Please also note that accommodation in Dunedin for the days immediately prior to the conference is very tight, so we encourage you to consider visiting after FINESS.
- ◆ To help us make bookings, please tell us about your interest in one of our planned excursions, or if you are intending to do your own thing, by visiting the google form
International Advisory Committee
- ◦ Ana Maria Rey (JILA & NIST, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA)
- ◦ Matthias Troyer (Institut f. Theoretische Physik, ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- ◦ Immanuel Bloch (Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik, Germany)
- ◦ Simon Gardiner (University of Durham, UK)
- ◦ Marzena Szymanska (Universty College London, UK)
- ◦ Thomas Gasenzer (Heidelberg University, Germany)
- ◦ Michael Fleischhauer (Kaiserslautern University of Technology, Germany)
- ◦ Nick Proukakis (University of Newcastle, UK)
- ◦ Luis Santos (University of Hannover, Germany)
- ◦ Local Organiser and Chair: Ashton Bradley (Centre for Quantum Science, University of Otago, New Zealand)
- ◦ Local Organisers: Diana Evans, Danny Baillie.
- ◦ International chair: Andrew Daley (University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK)
- ◦ Joachim Brand (New Zealand Institute for Advanced Study, Massey University, NZ)
- ◦ David Hutchinson (Dodd-Walls Centre for Photonic and Quantum Technologies, University of Otago, NZ)